The small church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord in the village of Dolichi is an important and rare monument, with notable frescoes dating back to the 16th century, a transitionary era for ecclesiastic painting in the North of Greece. The current church is a 16th century renovation, while the initial built dates back to the meso-Byzantine period, between the 10th and 12th century. From this era, a few wall mural traces remain. The church has an oblong shape, about 16 metres long and 5 metres wide, and consists of a one-room section of the main church and two narthexes. The esonarthex is covered with a dome. The site’s importance is owed to the frescoes, which are for the most part preserved. These frescoes are rich in iconographic content, with interesting an innovative representations of the life of Christ (Christological cycle), the Virgin Mary and of various saints. According to the inscription, decorations were done in 1516 by the painter priest Dimitrios and his brother, Boikos. The financing of the frescoes was undertaken by five individuals belonging to prominent families of Dolichi: Michail of Bilios, the priest Dimitrios, Konsantinos Episkopos and his wife and kids, Ioannis Karvounos and Dimitrios Bouios. The church’s wooden carved iconostasis, with icons of various eras, is also of particular interest. Upon it, older parts are preserved, such as the carved architrave, belonging to the meso-Byzantine period.