The Oikonomios School in Tsaritsani is one of the most important historical educational institutes in Greece. The school was built in 1910, but it is a continuation of the great Tsaritsani educational tradition that began towards the end of the 17th century. Many important “teachers of the people” taught in the Tsaritsani schools, which peaked in the 18th century. Examples include Konstantinos Koumas, Evgenios Voulgaris, Ioannis Dimitriadis Pezaros and Konstantinos Oikonomos ex Oikonomon, who was from Tsaritsani itself. With donations by Konsantinos Oikonomou and the financial aid of the townsfolk, the “kallimarmaro” school was built in 1910. Following the region’s liberation in 1912, it became one of the model high schools of the country, and the only one in the region of Elassona. The fame of the School/High School, named Oikonomio in honor of the donor, attracted students from many cities of Thessaly and Macedonia. The school war burned in 1944 by German occupying forces and was rebuilt in 1956, with the help of current and former residents. The archive of Konstantinos Oikonomou, inherited by the school, was saved from the 1944 fire. It includes rare books, writings from the donor, manuscripts and documents of various content. Today, the Oikonomios school houses local middle schools. It was recently proposed to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list.