The monastery of Agia Triada of Olympus was restored by the monk, saint of the orthodox church, Dionysus, in 1543, at the gully of Enipeas, at the place where there was an older Byzantine monastery with the same name. The Thessalian blessed Dionysus the young (from Drakotripa Karditsas), before the establishment of the coenobium on Olympus, he had been a monk at Meteora and an abbot at the monastery of Philotheos at Mt. Athos, having the reputation of a literate ascetic and calligrapher. The Turks destroyed the monastery several times due to fires and raids, since it had been a base of Macedonian thieves. It was devastated in 1943 by the German occupation troops, who considered as a centre of national resistance on Olympus. As for the old monastery, the ruins of the catholic (of the central church), an 18th century building, and of the northern wing together with the altar and the monastery’s tower are still preserved.